On Feb. 7, The Hudson Falls Free Library welcomed a new director: Kay Hafner.
Kay comes to us after having worked at Crandall Public Library as a clerk for nearly 13 years. She went back to get her master’s degree in information science after her only child graduated college in 2013. In 2015, Kay obtained her degree and began working as a part-time reference librarian at SUNY Adirondack, as well as keeping her clerk position at Crandall Public Library.
Stop by to say Hi to Kay and see the new things she’s doing at our library.
Thank you for supporting your Library! Your donation ensures that many readers will enjoy a wider selection of books here at the Library. Here is how the program works:
- Review the list below and select which book(s) you would like to adopt. Stop by the Library or email Sarah at email@example.com
- Donate $20 to the Library to purchase the book and fill out the adoption form.
- Enjoy! Once the book arrives, you get to check out the book first!
Books for Adoption:
Author Title Notes
Danielle Steel Prodigal Son: A Novel
Danielle Steel Undercover: A Novel
Chris Kyle American Sniper
Norman Beim After Byron
Danielle Steel Country: A Novel
Kerry & Chris Shook One Month to Live
Louisa Thomas Louisa: The Extraordinary Life of Mrs. Adams
Andy Weir The Martian
Lisa Scottoline Every Fifteen Minutes
Lisa Scottoline Most Wanted
Game Night at the Hudson Falls Free Library!
Tuesday, September 27th, 2016 at 6:30 pm!!
Bring your favorite board game, meet some friends!
Focus ages: 18+, however all are welcome!
Our Librarian is getting out the dictionary for any possible Scrabble games!
Kids love water and pool season is almost here. Learn more about what you can do to keep kids safe at your own pool or at community pools and spas by visiting PoolSafely.gov for Parents and Families.
For more water safety resources and fun activities, visit:
• Beach Kids! – Environmental Protection Agency
• Bobber the Water Safety Dog
• Water Safety – KidsHealth.org
• Activity: Adventures of Splish and Splash
• Activity: Coast Guard Coloring Book (Flash required)
• Activity: Water Safety in Your National Parks (Flash required)
The above taken from .gov