COVID-19 HFFL Response
u update 3/14/2020: The library is closed to the public until further notice for the safety of patrons and staff.
Patrons are encouraged to seek out accurate and up to date information about COVID-19 and what it means for them. Below are several links to sites we are watching and the flyer we are handing out in the library.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html
NYS Dept. of Health: https://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/coronavirus/
Washington County: https://washingtoncountyny.gov/1147/Coronavirus-Information
World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
Please know that we are taking precautions to frequently disinfect areas such as desks, tables, handrails, toys and computer keyboards/mice. Hand sanitizer is available for public use both upstairs and downstairs. Other possible steps (i.e. staff wearing gloves when checking in materials) will be implemented as needed.
Health and safety of staff and patrons is our top priority so please take the following common-sense steps when considering coming to the library (and in other public places) at this time:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Refrain from coming into the library if you feel unwell.
Our Board of Trustees is working to develop a policy for how to respond should this become a larger health emergency in our area.
Staff and Board of the Hudson Falls Free Library